Saturday, January 19, 2008

Stitching on Metal


Thought I would start cleaning up the art supplies that seem to love to be all over the house and found some pieces that I had packed away. Haven't done much sewing lately because I really would have to clean up just to get to the machine. But when I found this piece I thought I really should try and unearth a sewing machine. I loved to sew on metal shim. This piece has dyed tissue paper that has been stamped on, melted tyvek, metal shim that has been embossed and colored with alchohol ink stitched on to the base and machine embroidered Celtic pieces. Maybe tomorrow I really should plug in a sewing machine.

6 comments:

jet1960 said...

This is very beautiful! One of my goals is to get a sewing machine and teach myself how to sew. This is a very awe-inspiring piece!

Jill

Unknown said...

Love this piece, what is metal shim? please enlighten me - Thanks x

Kim said...

This is beautiful Eileen - again!

Sherry Goodloe said...

Love your artwork! And as a side note, it's nice to read that someone else ends up with their art and supplies all over the house! LOL Sherry http://gotart4u.blogspot.com

Toni Curtis said...

Ooooohhhhh, I LOVE this blog. Your work is fantastic. Wish I lived in your area.
Like Dawn, I would like to know what metal shim is. Toni

Christy said...

This is lovely. Yes, you do an amazing job with your 'machine' and seeing your work makes me wish I had that talent!!